Configuring Compass Zone in New Rear View Mirror - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey Accessories, Care and Mods > Mods, Installs and How-To's

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:05 PM

Question Configuring Compass Zone in New Rear View Mirror

Hi, I am new to this forum. It looks like a good resource!
I have a 2010 Odyssey EX and my husband bought me a rear view mirror with the dimming feature and the compass direction readout. I had the dealer install it but it seems they did not finish. They thought it would take a half hour, then they said it would cost $20 to install. I told them it came with a wiring harness to install and I thought it would take longer. It took almost 2 hours!

Anyway, the mirror has a sticker on it saying not to remove the sticker until the "compass zone" is set according the the owner's manual instructions. The display said "CAL". My owner's manual does not mention this feature. I tried holding down the button on the bottom mirror frame and it started to display numbers, counting up, so I picked a number. Now the CAL display is gone and it does show directions, but they may well be wrong. How do I find out which number represents my "zone"? Are we talking about magnetic variation here?

Guess I could go back and make the dealer tell me, but they are closed now. Can someone help? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
compass, mirror, rear view