2005 Odyssey DVD Player Not Working - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Problems & Issues

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM

Default 2005 Odyssey DVD Player Not Working

The battery on our van ran down and after we recharged it the DVD player no longer works. Screen and everything works fine but player won't eject the dvd that is in it, nor will it play it. Radio did not ask for the code when the battery was recharged, but I have since checked all fuses and disconnected the battery for a short time and reentered the code but this didn't resolve the dvd problem. Unit is getting power. Dealer simply said it needs a new player $800!!!! Any ideas? I have seen this identical problem posted elsewhere but haven't seen a solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 07:30 PM

Try leaving the battery disconnected for about an hour. I have heard of this problem before and when people disconnect the battery it is just for a couple of minutes. Then when they try an hour it most of the time works.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:24 AM

Believe it or not this actually worked!!! Thanks for the help.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscha41 View Post
Try leaving the battery disconnected for about an hour. I have heard of this problem before and when people disconnect the battery it is just for a couple of minutes. Then when they try an hour it most of the time works.
i've seen such posts about DVD problem in many forums, you really solved a big problem.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 PM

Default Thank you!

This worked for us! We have a 2007 Honda Odyssey and after the battery went dead we couldnt get the dvd in or out of the dvd player.. we were about to put the car in for what we think would have been a very expensive repair to the dvd system! We saw your posting and it solved our problem! Thank you sooo much!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 AM

This also worked perfectly for us - we were so thrilled. The dealer said he was sure a kid put pennies in the player, which I knew was not the case. A new player was quoted at $1000 and a rebuilt one for around $300.

We left the battery disconnect for 1-2 hours. Also, only the negative (black) terminal, which apparently controls the radio, etc. needs to be disconnected to make this work.

Thanks so much!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:19 AM

My battery went out and now the screen doesn't work. We can put in the DVDs & eject, hear sound but the screen is black. I have adjusted the angle, opened and closed, etc. Any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 AM

Default Help

Hi, i have a 2005 odyssey EX, and the cd one day stuck inside so i took off the radio and take the cd.. anyway then the cd player is not working anymore but the radio was still working.. a day after that the radio stoped working too!!!! anyway i chose to buy a new radio.. and luckly i found one for 07 odyssey and it match the modile number of my 05 radio.. anyway it didnt work too!!! i tried to unplug the battery but still not workin.. i checked the radio fuse and there is nothing wrong with it!!! please anyone have an idea??
Old 03-28-2011, 10:31 AM

DillonW,

Just wondering if you were able to fix that issue by disconnecting the battery for 1-2 hours. If not, were you able to fix it at all and how. I have a similar issue with an 05 EXL.

Thank you!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:32 AM

It worked! The DVD on my 2006 Odyssey stucked after the battery went dead. It won't eject the disc. So I disconneced the battery (negative side only), waited for 2 hrs, connect the battery again, started the engine and the disc ejected...although I have to re-enter the radio code again......Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dvd player problem