2003 power door lock problem - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Problems & Issues

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:32 PM

Default 2003 power door lock problem

The power door lock on the driver's door of my 2003 Odyssey is no longer working. As a result, the keyless entry system doesn't unlock the other doors because it can't unlock the driver's door first.

I replaced the door actuator but that wasn't the problem. I took it to a dealership who verified it wasn't the actuator or the wiring, but thought it was possibly the driver's side multiplex control unit. Although of course you have to buy it first at over $100 and there are no refunds if it doesn't fix it.

I went ahead and bought a new driver's side mulitplex control unit but that still didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have any advice regarding a fix for this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 10:59 PM

Default Similar issue on 2004 front door lock

I am having a similar issue on a 2004 Odyssey. In my case, the remote will open all doors with the second click but not the front drivers door. It will unlock with the key, but even when inside the car the drivers door will not unlock the other doors.

Did you find a solution to your issue yet?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:59 PM

I am having the exact same problem with my 2004 Odyssey. The drivers power door lock only works about 1 out of 20 times.

I have replaced the lock actuator and the problem hasn't gone away. I have seriously considered replacing the passenger multiplex unit, but haven't completely verified the wiring is ok. I know the wiring in the drivers door is ok, but I haven't finished working my way to the passenger multiplex unit.

Anyone else have this problem or found a solution to it? It is incredibly frustrating.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:31 PM

I have a similar problem. I purchased what looks like two relays mounted on a bracket and was told that it was the driver side lock actuator, but i can't find it. Can someone tell me where the driver side lock actuator is located?

Thanks,
Old 03-30-2010, 01:33 PM

Default 2003 Honda Odyssey - Same problem here!

First, thanks to all those that have responded. Sorry, I don't have a solution either.

My 2003 Odyssey is experiencing exactly the same problems at 75,000 miles.
Driver's side door lock will not pop up or down with the keyless entry or driver's side switch. With the driver's side door in the unlocked position, the other doors will respond appropriately to the keyless remote and the driver's side switch.

I took my vehicle to my local Honda dealer.

My Honda dealer mechanic spent two days trying to track down the problem at my wallet's expense.

$100 - Diagnostic Fee - just for starters
then
$100 - Replaced the Driver's side Actuator (Motor) - Nope that's not the problem....
Hmmmmm?
then
$200 - To "special order" a multiplex unit (because not one of the 5 Honda dealers in K.C. had one - probably because they're a piece of crap!), "maybe" that's the problem.
+
$100 - Labor to install the new multiplex unit

I'm happy that I read here in this forum that someone stated the multiplex did not fix the problem either....because I told them.....Geee! $500 to "maybe fix"/control the up/down motion of my door locks.....Hmmmm....No thanks!

I'll use my finger and key to move the door locks - AT LEAST THEY'RE FREE!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 AM

Default Did anyone ever solve this issue?

I changed my actuator and it did not fix the problem. Which is exactly the same as medicdavekc.

Thank You
Old 10-23-2010, 02:50 PM

Same problem with my (wife's vehicle) 2004 Odyssey door locks @ 75K mikes. Does anyone from Honda read these and post answers? The mechanics that try to fix them are as lost on this problem as we all are.

The trans. is scary and I have heard all the stories. Already had to replace all motor mounts and trans. mount.

Replaced front suspension ~ new tires and alignment and I still feel like I have to keep a death grip on the wheel going down the freeway.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:34 PM

Default Same issue but got it fixed (hopefully)

I just bought a 2004 Odyssey and it had no FOB -- so I went and got one on ebay and programmed it. But then I had the same problems as medicdavekc. I went to a non-Honda shop and they thought it was the actuator -- wasn't it. But they only charged me $40 and they returned the part. Went to Honda, told them what I had tried and they ran a diagnostic -- the driver side switch. $16 -- got it put in. Nope wasn't it. Just charged for the part. So they called their hotline or whatever it was. They traced it back to the passenger side multiplexor but they said the driver side actuator was shorting it out. So I had to get both. Guy called today and said it was working. Pick it up tomorrow. So we shall see.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Default Yay! Fixed!!!

I love the power of internet! I've stumbled upon this site when Bing'ing for the same problem as rest of you are all having regarding the driver side power lock not working.

Thanks to msummers, I ordered the passenger side mulitplex unit from Hondapartsnow.com and had the dealer install it, and I am happy to report that it now works!!! I did not have to pay for diagnostic fee becuase I told them I knew exactly what was wrong. Just an fyi, the part number is 38850-S0X-A32. Hondapartsnow.com is the cheapest place that I can find. However, feel free to correct me.

Last edited by SeattleShon; 01-14-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 PM

Default 2003 Honda Odyssey - Bingo

Agreed. Driver side door lock issue here like all the rest. Key-less entry and interior door switches would lock/unlock all doors except driver's door. Replaced driver side actuator, no help. Replaced passenger side multiplexer unit (PSMU), problem solved.

Upon examining interior circuitry of PSMU, noticed a definite electrical overheating smell. Closer examination detected failed circuit board wire. Fine wire broken and frayed protruding from the back of the board.

NB: The PSMU circuit board is nylon encased, attached to the back of the fuse box by only the main 24 pin plug (3 close spaced sets of 8 pins). Getting purchase on pulling the PSMU without removing all the fuse harnesses was helped by prying open the outer back of the case containing the PSMU. This allowed a lever action against the edge of the circuit board. (Hell, it was getting replaced.) Maybe not the best practice, but it got the job done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement