where to look for NAV code??? - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey Accessories, Care and Mods > Audio, Video and Gadgets

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:46 AM

Default where to look for NAV code???

A few week ago, my batt died. After replacing with a new once, my radio and NAV required the code to operates. I was able to find the radio code in the manual, but no luck for the NAV.

I bought my Odyssey used, so I do not know which is the originla dealer to call and ask for the code.

is there other way beside calling the dealer or ( I heard I might have to remove the unit to see the code itself) sound like A LOT of work.

2006 touring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM

I've had to enter the Navi pin code a bunch of times, it's a 4 digit pin code and was on a couple small stickers that came with all my paperwork when new. Check all your paperwork (the stickers are VERY small), see if you can find them or see if someone wrote it down in the manual somewhere (be sure to check the Navi manual too). If you can't find it then you'll need the dealer.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 PM

I was able to contact the dealer, but the code they gave me does not work. They told me that's the only code they have, they also have the radio code which matched what written down by the last owner.

I just remove my NAVdvd and jog all the info down, will call the dealer again tomorrow and give them those info.

If anyone want to guess what my NAV code is, here:

PN: 39540-SHJ-A010-M1
REF: BN425A0
SN: FHB25038310B

Bar Code: 1006126 <-- not sure what this is.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:58 PM

Got it, just call the 800 Honda and give them the SN: of the DVD unit and bamm!!! Navigation is once working again.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbangu View Post
Got it, just call the 800 Honda and give them the SN: of the DVD unit and bamm!!! Navigation is once working again.
Good info, good job!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 PM

Default It was in the glove box!

I randomly one morning was prompted for a pin number for the NAV system, well, since I bought my 2006 Odyssey EX-L used, I thought someone set a pin number or, was some random pin set by the previous owner.

Since I found there is a personal pin you can enter in the NAV setup which I never set, left me irritated it was prompting me for a pin that was never configured.

Well, there is a second pin set by the NAV manufacturer and found this pin stuck to the inside of the glove box. I opened the glove box to find 2 stickers each with 2 random numerical/alphabetical codes. Since I was messing with random codes like 0000, 1111, 2222 etc etc. One thing in common was, one of the codes on the 2 stickers was a 4 digit numerical code. Thank god it worked! My NAV is up and running again PHEW! I really hope the next person googling this issue finds this very useful!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I randomly one morning was prompted for a pin number for the NAV system, well, since I bought my 2006 Odyssey EX-L used, I thought someone set a pin number or, was some random pin set by the previous owner.

Since I found there is a personal pin you can enter in the NAV setup which I never set, left me irritated it was prompting me for a pin that was never configured.

Well, there is a second pin set by the NAV manufacturer and found this pin stuck to the inside of the glove box. I opened the glove box to find 2 stickers each with 2 random numerical/alphabetical codes. Since I was messing with random codes like 0000, 1111, 2222 etc etc. One thing in common was, one of the codes on the 2 stickers was a 4 digit numerical code. Thank god it worked! My NAV is up and running again PHEW! I really hope the next person googling this issue finds this very useful!
Yea I know about this all too well, lol! Hope you don't have the same issue I had (am still having), I've only heard about this happening on 06s sparatically but ... the NAV will go out from time to time and require the PIN code to reactivate. It's a pain. Happened to me about every 3-4 months since new. Dealer went through everything but couldn't find anything wrong.

Finally back in Feb they replaced the whole NAV unit under warranty and guess what ... happened again a month later, doh!

It's not a big deal to enter the code, just a pain. Suggestion ... keep the code handy (or memorize it).
Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 AM

Default thanks for nav code advice!

i was very distressed when i was locked out of my 2005 nav/audio system! bought i used and didn't know where to start to look! thanks for the advice, i found the stickers hidden in the paperwork!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post

Thank you for posting this. I found the same sticker, typed in the 4-digit code, and it worked!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:24 PM

So glad I stumbled across this forum! Thanks, I have been left wondering what on earth happened to the NAV after my battery died, found the pin on a sticker with paperwork. FYI I have an 08 so it's not just the 06 apparently. Thanks again, I can use my system now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement