Aftermarket Audio & Video [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: Aftermarket Audio & Video

hndaownr
06-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello all:
I have a 2008 Honda Odyssey EXL. I'm considering an audio/video upgrade. That being said, I have heard about some potential difficulties:

1) Adding a subwoofer causes issues with the noise canceling circuitry.

2) Adding replacement headrests (with video screens) will cause the active head restraint system to stop working (and will have warning lights activated in the gauge cluster).

Have any of you tackled this project on the same generation Odyssey? I plan to keep the factory head unit...will connect the amplifier(s) via line level converters.

Shawn

stlsy
07-12-2010, 09:35 AM
As far as headrests, we have done them in an 07 and 09 with no issues. we have also done a sub into the 07, but with an aftermarket source unit.

Any factory source with active bass management makes for an interesting sub install. Is there a reason you want to keep the factory unit instaead of going aftermarket?

hndaownr
07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Primarily I want to keep the oem stereo for the following reasons:

1) I want to maintain the stock look. I utilized the factory stereo in my '00 Accord and was able to make a reasonable sounding system with it (abit with the unavoidable amplifier on/off pop - plan to avoid this in the future by using a dashboard switch).

2) I want the ability/option to add factory accessories like the cassette player (I still have quite a few cassettes).

3) I want to be able to use the factory XM radio

hndaownr
07-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Additional information:

In regard to subwoofers, I am trying to decide between powered (think Infinity Bass Link) or passive subs. I'm not into the bass head/boomy movement...my interest is in sound quality.

In general I have listened to systems with one subwoofer and systems with two subwoofers. To my ears I prefer the sound of 2 subs. My last in-depth stereo included 2 8" subs. Don't have much interest in using subs larger than 10"....

dominicanjb
09-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know if this related to what you 're doing, check out my mod on my 2007 Honda Odyssey. I added a PC which allows you to do many things including video. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/143899-2007-honda-odyssey-factory-navigation.html.

DominicanJB

Blinaveplo
10-13-2014, 05:24 PM
I think that*this information is*the best.