Auto-lock upon exit or upon ignition off + timer [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: Auto-lock upon exit or upon ignition off + timer

splodge
09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
My question is how can I get an auto-lock after exiting feature on my 2009 Odyssey? My wife constantly forgets to lock our van with the fob, and it seems to me that the easiest solution would be to have an auto-lock feature after the van is turned off and after a time-period (10 mins or whatever). Possibly this needs a check for doors having opened and closed but that is not necessary. I have heard of other vehicles (including Honda's) that have this feature so it must be available.

I'm looking for a mod, or info on after-market systems.

To prevent locking the keys in the car I'd just have a spare set hidden somewhere on the vehicle.

Please note, this has nothing to do with threads relating to auto-locking after the vehicle is in motion.

Thanks.

hndaownr
10-02-2010, 05:21 AM
My question is how can I get an auto-lock after exiting feature on my 2009 Odyssey? My wife constantly forgets to lock our van with the fob, and it seems to me that the easiest solution would be to have an auto-lock feature after the van is turned off and after a time-period (10 mins or whatever). Possibly this needs a check for doors having opened and closed but that is not necessary. I have heard of other vehicles (including Honda's) that have this feature so it must be available.

I'm looking for a mod, or info on after-market systems.

To prevent locking the keys in the car I'd just have a spare set hidden somewhere on the vehicle.

Please note, this has nothing to do with threads relating to auto-locking after the vehicle is in motion.

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, the Odyssey can't autolock on its own. Your best bet is to look into an aftermarket alarm. To get the feature you're specifically you'll probably need to request "passive arming." I know this was available several years ago in the Clifford line of alarms. However, I am not sure if it is still available now that they are part of DEI (which includes Viper and a number of others).

splodge
11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
This has nothing to do with this thread. Why are you advertising here? You should delete your post and refrain from this garbage.

Hello everybody, I am a novice, I hope that we can through the Valve Train (http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-products/valve-train-381/) Fuel System (http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-products/fuel-system-393/) Other parts (http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-products/other-parts-570/) The more content about cars

splodge
11-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Well I've solved my problem by building something for about $40 which uses an small off-the-shelf programmable timer + relay module, connected to a remote FOB. I trigger off of loss of AUX power, wait about 10mins, closes the relay for a second, shorts out the FOB lock switch and the doors are all locked. Could get fancier and wire into door locks/sensors, etc, but this was much simpler, can be removed easily (3 wires), and I didn't need to purchase and figure out wiring diagrams, etc.

I'll post details later.