factory radio w/dvd controls [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: factory radio w/dvd controls

COLOHONDA
04-19-2008, 07:29 PM
ok, i have a good one for you all. i have an '02 odyssey with the dvd system. about a week ago my radio decided to short circuit and smoke. i contacted the dealer and they said that it was not a common issue. now when they sent it out to a repair shop, they told me that someone had to have stuck a penny or something in it. uhm, no...noone has ever put anything like that in it. has anyone had it happen, or even heard of anyone else happening to them? a brand new replacement radio is $700. but of course, i will not be doing that, so i guess i will go aftermarket for a standard cd player, all the while losing my entertainment system. any info concerning this problem would be appreciated. thank you!

lizzurd
04-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Have you tried looking for a used OEM radio unit?

COLOHONDA
04-29-2008, 10:04 AM
yeah, i have actually located and ordered a used cd/tape deck with dvd controls from a junkyard here in town and should recieve it today! with any luck, it will work like a charm! that big hole in my dash is becoming an eyesore!

lizzurd
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah, i have actually located and ordered a used cd/tape deck with dvd controls from a junkyard here in town and should recieve it today! with any luck, it will work like a charm! that big hole in my dash is becoming an eyesore!

If they don't send the anti-theft cide with the radio shoot me a PM with the serial number off the radio and i should be able to get the code for you.

COLOHONDA
04-30-2008, 09:57 AM
i finally have toons in my van!!!!! yay!!! i even put a movie in the dvd player and it also works!! i actually got the code for the radio from the honda dealer here in town. they remembered me from when i called them when this whole crazy thing started...plus i know some people there. now i just need to get the side of the van fixed...my little run in with a trailer at work. we are so glad to have a radio back in it...so the kids can watch movies and stay quiet on trips???!!!! oh yeah.........