2011 Odyssey XM to Sirius Converter [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: 2011 Odyssey XM to Sirius Converter

mars35
11-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Just converted to Sirius from XM. Manufacturers are saying not able to use directed's old converters. I used the HON-SC1 converter from my 2007 crv and worked great. Out with the XM and in with Sirius

hndaownr
11-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Do you like Sirius better? We still have XM but that is simply because it came with the vehicle and I don't want to install a new sat radio antenna (which, by the way, is also preventing me from considering a head unit upgrade).

mars35
11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I've had sirius for 5 years now and love it. most channels are the same vs xm...main differences for us is sirius has nfl package... we listen to our teams games while we are out on sundays...and of course for me Howard stern...which is unknown if he will be back in january...as for another antenna... you have 2 options...they sell an antenna converter that allows you to convert the xm antenna to a sirius one... so no need for another antenna... feel free to hit me up if you need help

HomersOdyssey
01-31-2011, 09:28 PM
I've had sirius for 5 years now and love it. most channels are the same vs xm...main differences for us is sirius has nfl package... we listen to our teams games while we are out on sundays...and of course for me Howard stern...which is unknown if he will be back in january...as for another antenna... you have 2 options...they sell an Antenna (http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw/antenna.html) converter that allows you to convert the xm antenna to a sirius one... so no need for another antenna... feel free to hit me up if you need help

Can anyone provide a diagram for the ideal Sirius setup and how it can be done? That would be great. I'm trying to get a Satellite Radio subscription and the installment of Sirius and Antenna re-wiring will be the make or break.