NAV Fall 4.62 DVD Update [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: NAV Fall 4.62 DVD Update

tbh999
05-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Well, ever sence the Daylight Savings Time change I've been trying to purchase the map update for my 2006 Odyssey. But as many of you may know, because of a bug in the software the update has been posposed (First it was to ship in Nov 2007, then Jan 2008, followed by 01 April 2008...)

So today I called the Alpine Order line who told me that it has be delayed once again - Now the schedule ship date is sometime in July 2008. The good news, it is no longer going to be the Fall 2007 update (4.62) but will acually be the Fall (Summer?) 2008 update and will include more map updates than the never shipped 4.62. So, when it ships it will be the 4.72 (or what ever the version number is) and will include even more map updates.

tbh999
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
So...
Just called again and was told that the DVD is still scheduled to ship sometime in July 2008. I'll believe it when I see it.

tbh999
07-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, maybe I'm the only person pissed-off about this map-update issue. I've done numerous Google searches and can't find anything new about the issues, so, I called Alpine again, this time instead of giving me a new date they just told me that it's "Not Available."

I find this very irritating because:
My portable GPS unit has much more complete maps than my Honda, but I'm not allowed to purchase an update. Last year I tried to purchase the new maps prior to a road trip through an area that I knew map details were added, no joy, and I frequently drive through areas here in Houston that are on my portable GPS in my truck but show up as blank screens in the Odyssey.
The automatic daylight savings time adjustment on the clock only functioned once before the daylight saving time date was changed...and, I'm not allowed to purchase an update to fix the problem! Yes, I know I can (and I do) adjust the clock manually, but why should I have to? I purchase a car and one of the features stops working after less than six months!

Sorry about the rant, it's just that I find the lack of support (and information) very frustrating.

Keyhole
08-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm with you on this issue. I called in June and was told I should wait to place my order as a new updated disk was coming out in July 2008. I called in July and they told me it had be delayed until further notice. I called today August 9, 2008 and they told me they don't know when the updated disk is coming out and I could not order the 4.62 DVD due to it being back ordered.

Very fraustrating.

tbh999
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
I actually ordered the DVD in November 2007, only to have them cancel the order a few weeks later. I know that it's because of bugs and I would rather have old maps than a broken GPS, but it's been almost a year now and still no update.

tbh999
08-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Just Order 4.64

Irvineguy
03-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Just Order 4.64

Could you tell me where you got it and how much did you pay? Thank you.

tbh999
06-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Sorry for the delayed reply, I haven't been on the forum lately. If you still need to know where to get the latest NAV maps (and software updates) it can be purchased from http://www.hondanavi.com for $185. As of today the current version is 4.73.

Mustang
07-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Is it possible to purchase a different DVD map update that does not cost as much and still work in the Odyssey 2005?

cheatek
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply, I haven't been on the forum lately. If you still need to know where to get the latest NAV maps (and software updates) it can be purchased from http://www.hondanavi.com for $185. As of today the current version is 4.73.

Does this update fix the DST issue? It's been buggin me for years now and my dealer (who's pretty good) says theres no fix for it. I find that hard to believe so I'm searching ...