What's the Aux Video Button do? [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: What's the Aux Video Button do?

spongdds
07-29-2008, 12:01 PM
hi everyone:

i have the 2008 odyssey EX-L with the Nav system and the RES. i discovered that when in the audio mode, and i press the AUX button on the touch screen, it goes to a screen that allows me to access either audio or video options? what is this button for? and how can i make use of it? can anyone get back to me on this?

thanks,

spongdds

tbh999
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Well, in my '06 Touring, there is a pair of auxiliary inputs (Video and L and R audio) under the left arm rest in the third row of seats. I personally use them (and a LONG audio extension cord) to plug my iPod into the Odyssey's stereo.

However, on the '08 Honda added a MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack in the front of the car as well. On the bottom of the center console there are two flip-up covers. One covers a 12VDC cigarettes lighter type plug, the other one, an auxiliary input jack (where as I have two 12VDC cigarettes plugs in my '06).

Checkout pages 64 and 283 of your manual.

mircle
02-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Regarding the video input in the 3rd row armrest, I've installed a composite video and audio cable and extended that with a Speakercraft QIX 15 ft cable. This cost me $10 and I've managed to run it under the seats and floormats up to the front of the car. From hear we can plug in any portable video or audio player that is loaded with kids movies. Sure beats carrying and loading DVDs and bypassing the warning screens and menu selections.

eneka
02-09-2009, 03:59 AM
08' models have a aux-in port next to the 12v socket under the cup holders.

Devioretp
07-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Thank you*informed me.

mssenthil
08-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Hello there.. Can you please share details of the cord you bought for this connection? I am trying to connect my android phone to my 08 Odyssey EXL overhead dvd player (factory installed).

Thanks in advance,
Senthil

mssenthil
08-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Regarding the video input in the 3rd row armrest, I've installed a composite video and audio cable and extended that with a Speakercraft QIX 15 ft cable. This cost me $10 and I've managed to run it under the seats and floormats up to the front of the car. From hear we can plug in any portable video or audio player that is loaded with kids movies. Sure beats carrying and loading DVDs and bypassing the warning screens and menu selections.

Hello there.. Can you please share details of the cord you bought for this connection? I am trying to connect my android phone to my 08 Odyssey EXL overhead dvd player (factory installed).

Thanks in advance,
Senthil

Christopher86
08-31-2016, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=mircle;1083]Regarding the video input in the 3rd row armrest, I've installed a composite video and audio cable and extended that with a Speakercraft QIX 15 ft cable. This cost me $10 and I've managed to run it under the seats and floormats up to the front of the car. From hear we can plug in any portable video or audio player that is loaded with kids movies. Sure beats carrying and loading DVDs and bypassing the warning screens and menu selections.[/QUOTE Can You Please Tell Me Where You Brought The Composite Video And Audio Cable Extended With Speakercraft QIX 15 ft for $ 10.00 Dollars from And How You Were Able To Watch Videos From Your Phone To The Overhead DVD Player Thank You Christopher