O4 Odyssey poor radio reception solved! [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: O4 Odyssey poor radio reception solved!

odyb
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Hello. Tonight, I solved the mysterious poor radio reception in my 04 Odyssey and I thought people here should know it's an easy fix. At the bottom of the center console where the 12v power plug is located, behind this, is the radio antenna plug, which had simply come unplugged causing poor FM and zero AM reception. The plug is where the feeder cable from the radio plugs into the long cable that goes to the fender antenna mast. Removal of the console bottom side panel on the right is required. I plugged my antenna back in and used electrical tape to ensure this will not happen again. I hope this helps somebody else who has been having similar issues.

cabe83
06-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Hello. Tonight, I solved the mysterious poor radio reception in my 04 Odyssey and I thought people here should know it's an easy fix. At the bottom of the center console where the 12v power plug is located, behind this, is the radio antenna plug, which had simply come unplugged causing poor FM and zero AM reception. The plug is where the feeder cable from the radio plugs into the long cable that goes to the fender antenna mast. Removal of the console bottom side panel on the right is required. I plugged my antenna back in and used electrical tape to ensure this will not happen again. I hope this helps somebody else who has been having similar issues.

Hi, I have just purchased this same model (2nd hand of course) and I believe I have the same issue you had. I have some questions though about your instructions. Are you referring to the center console (between the two front seats) that can be lowered down (which has the 12v plug + AUX plug)? Or are you referring to the front/center console that has the 12v plug above the CD-player slot?

I have taken apart the first option, the center/between the two front seats and can only see the 12v and aux cables, no others.

I do not see this side/right panel you are referring to when removing it to reveal the antenna plug that connects to a longer cable? Are you please able to describe this in more detail about exactly where this panel is, how many screws are there etc so I can try what you are suggesting.

Many many thanks!

aj7873
12-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Okay this didnt work for me. Mine is plugged in securely. I am still having this problem with an OEM Radio in an O2 Honda Odyssey. I have even tried a different OEM Radio/CD/Cassette Player from a different Odyssey. Please assist if you can.

Devioretp
07-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Thank you for*good*communication.

Baileys Mom
04-16-2016, 06:39 PM
I had taken my 04 Odyssey in to the dealer to have the SRS recall addressed. When I took it in, the radio was working fine! When I picked my van up the radio was off but I didn't think much of it and enjoyed the quiet going home. The next day I got in it and the AM was not there at all, the FM was spotty but the CD worked as it always had. I called the dealer and requested to talk with the Service Manager. I asked him if anything they did in the shop would have messed with the antenna and was told no the radio was 2 feet away from what they had done. So I googled and found your posting! Since the idiot "service manager" told me that the SRS was located in back of the center/bottom console of the dash where the 12 volt access was located, I knew from your post that he was full of it. I called the tech who actually DID the work, took it out to him and in 10 minutes it was fixed. If I hadn't found your post, I may not have questioned it again!! Thank you so much!