need solution for sound system modification [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: need solution for sound system modification

k9sar
12-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Bought a 2007 Odyssey EX and, while the wife lives the van, we have introduced a problem for travel. In our prior vehicle, we would let the kids watch movies on our laptop computer (put them in the back and fold down a center seat for a table) and we would patch the audio from the laptop into the vehicles sound system either by aux input plug or by casette adapter. Unfortunately, the 07 odyssey seems to not have a way to tap into the sound system easily (unless it's hidden and I can't find it). I was thinking about putting a 1/8" input jack tied into the stereo somehow (my nissan worked well since the radio amps were seperate from the radio) but do not have a FSM or wiring diagram for the audio system. Can anyone who has done a similar activity or who has any suggestions on how to get from the PC headphone jack into the van's system please chime in? Anyone have schematics (no nav or casette player in van)? I'd prefer not to use one of those FM transmitter thingies that cost alot and never really work well.