Low Fuel Indicator on 08 Odyssey [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: Low Fuel Indicator on 08 Odyssey

hondyssey
04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
I recently bought a new Honda Odyssey. When the "low fuel indicator" popped up (yellow dot next to fuel guage), I took it to the gas station and filled up full tank. The reading showed 16.8 gallons. Considering that the fuel tank capacity of 08 Honda Odyssey is 21 gallons, is that typical to get a low fuel indicator when almost 5 gallons are remaining in the tank?

Kscha41
04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I recently bought a new Honda Odyssey. When the "low fuel indicator" popped up (yellow dot next to fuel guage), I took it to the gas station and filled up full tank. The reading showed 16.8 gallons. Considering that the fuel tank capacity of 08 Honda Odyssey is 21 gallons, is that typical to get a low fuel indicator when almost 5 gallons are remaining in the tank?

Its normal. I guess Honda thinks that it is a "family vehicle" so they don't want you running out of gas.

hondyssey
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Its normal. I guess Honda thinks that it is a "family vehicle" so they don't want you running out of gas.

Thanks. I did guess that but other thing that startled me was that I got 20 mpg in city. I still haven't taken it on a highway or a long drive.