2012 Odyssey DVD system humming sound [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: 2012 Odyssey DVD system humming sound

mudpaws
11-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Hello all! I'm Joe from Long Island, NY and I own a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with an aftermarket RES installed. It's the Audiovox brand and is in general a nice system.

The issue we are having is, while it plays movies [with or without using the wireless headphones) there is an annoying drone, a continuous humming sound.

It was installed by a sound and security place shortly after we bought the van (late Summer 2014) and the humming has been happening for most of the time we've owned it.

My wife even took it back to the install place and they supposedly went through it over a 6 hour period. Once they finished, they told her something else had to be purchased to remedy the noise, to the tune of some 2 to 300 dollars.

We've already spent a ton buying the system. I am very handy, so if I can tear into it and repair the issue, I'd love your help! Any questions you have for me, please don't hesitate.

Thanks in advance!

Sassaman
03-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Hello all! I'm Joe from Long Island, NY and I own a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with an aftermarket RES installed. It's the Audiovox brand and is in general a nice system.bey

The issue we are having is, while it plays movies [with or without using the wireless headphones) there is an annoying drone, a continuous humming sound.

It was installed by a sound and security place shortly after we bought the van (late Summer 2014) and the humming has been happening for most of the time we've owned it.

My wife even took it back to the install place and they supposedly went through it over a 6 hour period. Once they finished, they told her something else had to be purchased to remedy the noise, to the tune of some 2 to 300 dollars.

We've already spent a ton buying the system. I am very handy, so if I can tear into it and repair the issue, I'd love your help! Any questions you have for me, please don't hesitate.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Joe, I’m Brian from NY. I was wondering if a 2012 Odyssey was prewired from the factory to except an after market or factory add-on later in time. I bought mine used and I’m seriously considering putting one in. I too am handy and quite capable. But I was curious before I pop any panels. Lol.
To assist you if you haven’t had any luck yet, it’s quite possible a grounding issue or if there are capacitors in the aftermarket wiring, it may be bad.
A far reach, do you have moon roof? Any leaks before the humming?