parking sensors [Archive] - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

: parking sensors

Nuuanu
02-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Has anyone self installed parking sensors on their Odyssey? Any advice?

hndaownr
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Here's another question that hopefully somebody can answer. Can the accessory Odyssey parking sensor kit use the same dash switch as the Touring model? The kit comes with this round circle type one and I'd really prefer to use the one from a Touring....

cheatek
11-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Has anyone self installed parking sensors on their Odyssey? Any advice?

Sorry my touring came with them. However my Magnum didn't and there is a Dodge kit for them but looking at the install instructions it's quite involved ... removing the bumpers and numerous interior panels/pieces to run the wires not to mention painting ... so I decided against doing it. I would imagine adding parking sensors on any car would involve the same, Honda too.

Here's another question that hopefully somebody can answer. Can the accessory Odyssey parking sensor kit use the same dash switch as the Touring model? The kit comes with this round circle type one and I'd really prefer to use the one from a Touring....

I don't see why not, it's just a switch. Might involve some creative wiring but you should be able to get it to work, it's only a switch. Go buy the Touring one from the dealer and check it out. Good luck.