Check engine light & temporary loss of power - Page 3 - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Problems & Issues

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:31 PM

I have a 04 Odyssey EXL and in 2008, going up a hill, engine started shaking, engine light on, loss power, and could only goes 40mph. Brought it in to dealer and they replaced the EGR valve and clean the throttle body and all fine again until Spring of 2014 when we were on the way back to Ohio from Gatlinburg, TN going up a steep mountain, car started shaking and check engine light on, loss of power. We were able to limp the rest of the 200 miles home at 40mph. Autozone checked the code and they said multiple engine misfired. I replaced all 6 plugs and next day engine light goes away and car drive smooth again, ever since this happened, everytime when it goes up a steep hill, it tops out at 60mph even if I floored the gas paddle. So what the heck is wrong with my Odyssey?

Last edited by 2004OdysseyEXL; 09-10-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2019, 10:06 AM

I was not able to find solutions to this issue other than some gas cap or battery speculation. My story: very intermittently, my 2010 odyssey EXL would lose power ( max 25 mph ) and the VSA light and check engine light would come on. Turning the engine off and off would clear the condition except leave the check engine light on for a few days.
It started to happen regularly so I took it to the dealer. The code showed a bad ETCS relay. Thry replaced it ($200).
A mile from the dealership it happened again. So I limped it back to the dealer. After a full day of debug they determined the fuse box was bad and shorting out the relay. They replaced both ($600) and it is driving great.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement