Air Conditioning Problem - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Problems & Issues

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:25 AM

Smile Air Conditioning Problem

Hi Guys, new to the forum here...I apologize in advance if this has been asked but I searched to no avail...Here is my problem: I have a 2007 Ody EX-L and my AC just doesn't seem to work as well as it should. I've been to the internet and back researching this and really haven't found anything definitive. I have replaced the cabin filter and that definitely made it blow harder. I have had it "checked" out by the dealer two times and one time they said it needed a software update to make the fans click on at a higher speed...whatever. 2nd time just replaced the filter (80 dollars later, come to find out its a 15-20 dollar part and had I have known about this site..could have done it myself) Either way, they said it was reading via computer that it was working optimally. I dont get it though, something seems wrong, its blowing harder now but the air doesn't get real cold for at least 45 mins of driving...and PS, I live in Phoenix..It does get cold but takes FOREVER, and the air is still cool but just not COLD, like in other cars. Not sure if this is a common issue or if maybe my condenser or compressor or maybe even freon levels are low...Please help!! So I can sleep at night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM

Bring it to another dealer. You may have a small hole in a line or a condensor. The condensor in front of the radiator is very prone to getting hit by a rock. You can be low on freon too.http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...+out+by+a+rock
Old 08-01-2009, 12:57 PM

Alright...I kinda suspected that. I have the certified warranty as well as the "wrap around" extended warranty AND it's still under factory warranty so I'm thinking thinking they should look at it free? Any advice on what to tell them specifically? PS- Thanks for replying!

Old 08-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Banned

I feel the same about our A/C, it doesn't seem to get real cold but it checks out ok at the dealer so I just assumed that's the way it is (and I live in the SJ Bay Area where temps are pretty mild). I'll have to look into the condenser thing, I've read about that before but assumed that made a BIG difference in the A/C operation, not a small one.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Bring it to another dealer. You may have a small hole in a line or a condensor. The condensor in front of the radiator is very prone to getting hit by a rock. You can be low on freon too.http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...+out+by+a+rock---A/C Condenser Fan
I saw a similar thread. Will look into it.

Moving on, the Honda Part number for the A/C Condenser (Honda Odyssey Series) are 60-00795 NA
60-00794 NA
60-00793 NA

Also, the infos posted above are correct. Six years ago, I had a similar problem when my A/C did not blew cold. Had to replace the Condenser and got that fixed. Also, check the Condenser Fan if one of the fuses are grounded.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:30 AM

A/Cs are tricky.
I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey, and the A/C stopped working. Luckily, I have the extended warranty. I took it in to Honda, and it took them a couple of hours to diagnose that it was a faulty transistor on the A/C. I think the transistor is worth $70 plus labour to replace.
Anyhow, so if your A/C just stops working, take a look at the transistor.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:02 AM

This posts is*very*informative.*Thank you!

Last edited by Devioretp; 08-27-2014 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:13 AM

What a nice infromation post you have made some great content post i really impressed this stuff i like it dear
Cobra Kai Jacket - Black-LeatherJacket
Old 09-30-2020, 05:15 AM

Default kevin bear

That's great information post you have made some nice stuff post i want to appreciate this amazing blog i love it dear
Cobra kai hoodie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement