Headlight bulbs, housings, and connectors. - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > 2005-2010 (3rd Gen) Official Specs, Features, Etc.

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 PM

Default Headlight bulbs, housings, and connectors.

2007 Touring. The driver's side high-beam bulb went out. I figured 5 minutes to change but not to be. The bulb is tough to get to, tucked under a support beam. I got the connector wiggled off but the bulb refused to turn and come out, it just would not move. I ended up unfortunately breaking the housing. So, I ordered new housings for both sides. I don't want this to happen again. The connectors to the low and high beam bulbs were also pretty tough to get loose. When I install the bulbs in the new housings, would it hurt anything to apply some anti-seize or a thin layer of grease or silicone to the plastic tabs? Same question on the connectors. Could I put a small amount of anti-seize or dielectric grease on them so they don't get stuck? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JSMCO; 03-13-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2019, 12:05 PM

I recently had the same problem on my 2008 but I used some large channel lock pliers wrapped the teeth on the pliers with a small rag and was able to firmly but gently twist the old bulbs out. I bought replacement bulbs from Napa for $20 and they didn't turn all the way in so I returned those bulbs and bought OEM bulbs from Honda dealer for $25 and they fit all the way in perfectly. I didn't think about putting dielectric grease in there and now wish I had as I don't think it would hurt anything and might make it easier to remove dead bulbs in the future!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement