Remove 3rd row seats from 2016 Odyssey - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Default Remove 3rd row seats from 2016 Odyssey

I have a 2016 Odyssey and am trying to remove the 3rd row seats for more storage space for a camper conversion. Luckily, in this model the loaded spring is part of the seat assembly so I don’t have to mess with that. There are 6 bolts attaching each of the 60/40 split seats. Problem is, one bolt on each has no nut. Instead there’s a kind of rivet. Does anyone have experience removing this? Do you drill or grind it out? Does it serve any other function? Is it threaded so you can replace with a bolt afterwards? I’m assuming Honda added this as a failsafe if the other bolts got loosened, but not sure. Maybe they just wanted to make things difficult for the novice.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Answered my own question. These are guidance pins. The seats just need to be pulled out very straight or will feel anchored by them. Might take a little force. Do not pry or the sheet metal could get bent.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:28 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you! Great tip for camping!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement