Freddie Freeman had three strikeouts - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:48 AM

Default Freddie Freeman had three strikeouts

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns owner Jimmy Haslam understands the situation looks bad, even embarrassing. China Jerseys Wholesale . He bungled his first NFL coaching hire and cant afford to make another mistake. Haslam vowed it will be different this time. It has to be. A day after firing Rob Chudzinski for failing to make the Browns better in just one season, Haslam explained his reasons on Monday for the shocking move when he was forced to answer some tough questions, including one from a fan who wondered if the "Three Stooges" were running his team. "We understand the importance of continuity," Haslam said. "But I think its really important to hear this: We also understand the importance of getting it right." The Browns dumped Chudzinski on Sunday night, just hours after a 20-7 loss in Pittsburgh and less than a year after he was brought in to turn around a team that cant seem to get out of its own way. Haslam and CEO Joe Banner cited an overall lack of progress in their decision to dismiss Chudzinski, who had the Browns at 4-5 before they lost their final seven games and finished 4-12 -- the clubs sixth straight season with at least 10 losses. Banner said the decision was finalized Saturday. "As unpopular and undesirable as it is to sit here and acknowledge we didnt get it right, the fact that were making a change makes a statement that were not going to accept not being successful," Banner said. Haslam knows there are skeptics wondering if this Browns regime has what it takes to transform a foundering franchise. Cleveland fans have spent years hearing broken promises and plans that go astray. Haslam, though, is committed to making good on his word to bring sustained success to the Browns. "There will be a lot of people who say we should have given this staff a second year, a second chance," Haslam said. "And in our estimation, it was best to go ahead and make the change and try to get it right so that we can move forward and candidly, and most importantly, give the fans here the kind of winner they deserve." Banner and Haslam have begun their search for Chudzinskis replacement. Banner said the team is still deciding whether to interview Browns defensive co-ordinator Ray Horton for the opening. Horton interviewed with the Browns last season before the job went to Chudzinski, a lifelong Browns fan who was caught off guard by his ouster. Banner said none of the other candidates interviewed last year will be considered again. That would appear to rule out Penn State coach Bill OBrien and San Diego offensive co-ordinator Ken Whisenhunt. New England offensive co-ordinator Josh McDaniels could be the frontrunner to be Clevelands seventh full-time coach since 1999 because of his relationship with Browns general manager Michael Lombardi. The team requested permission to interview McDaniels as well as Seattle defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn and Denver offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase. The Browns are also expected to interview Arizona defensive co-ordinator Todd Bowles, who previously worked as an assistant on Butch Davis staff in Cleveland. Haslam knows its imperative to stop the constant turnover. The Browns have changed coaches four times in six years. "We have to prove to you all well get the right guy," Haslam said. "Were confident we can do that. But until that individual comes in here and wins football games, talk is cheap. So actions speak loud." The Browns do have a more attractive situation to lure a prospective coach than they did a year ago. Cleveland had five Pro Bowl players this season, the team has two first-round picks in Mays draft and theres plenty of salary cap room to sign free agents. "This is the crucial off-season for the Cleveland Browns," Haslam said. "If we get that right, well have a lot of positive press conferences. We feel a lot of pressure to get this right for our players, our fans and the city of Cleveland." Chudzinski was told of his firing shortly after the team returned by bus from Pittsburgh. "I was shocked and disappointed to hear the news that I was fired," Chudzinski said in a statement released by the Browns. "I am a Cleveland Brown to the core, and always will be. ... While clearly I would have liked to see the long-term vision through to the end, I am very grateful to Jimmy Haslam and the Haslam family for letting me live my dream." Chudzinski has three years left on his contract worth a reported $10 million. He was emotional as he said goodbye to his players. "Its unfortunate," wide receiver Josh Gordon said. "I cant say whats fair, whats not fair. The NFL, its the business of the league. But I thought he would have more time than that. "I figured any coach in the NFL would get at least two years. I didnt even know that was possible." Cairo Santos Jersey Store . -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. Lew Reeve Jersey Store . - Dolphins safety Louis Delmas has been carted off the field with a right knee injury against the Ravens. https://www.chinacheapjerseys.net/al...-jersey-store/ . Sharper briefly appeared in Los Angeles Superior Court, where his arraignment was postponed until Feb. 20 at the request of his lawyers. They issued a statement saying he would be exonerated. Prosecutors then filed a motion to increase Sharpers bail to $10 million and outlined details of investigations involving him in Las Vegas, Tempe, Ariz.ATLANTA -- Lloyd McClendons unusual lineup left the Seattle manager answering questions about his teams scoring potential. As it turned out, Hisashi Iwakuma and the Mariners stingy bullpen didnt need much offence. Iwakuma combined with two relievers on a six-hit shutout and the streaking Mariners beat the Atlanta Braves 2-0 on Wednesday to complete a two-game sweep. Cole Gillespie and Kyle Seager hit run-scoring singles. Seattle has won five straight, matching its longest winning streak of the season. Perhaps the most puzzling piece of the lineup was Stefen Romero, who hit cleanup for the first time this season. "Somebody has got to hit there," McClendon said before the game. "I dont have Bonds, so its going to be Romero." Romero, who hit a pinch-hit homer in Tuesday nights 7-5 win over the Braves, took a .204 batting average into the game. He came through with two hits, including a triple, and scored a run. Willie Bloomquist had a single and a walk as he started at first base for the first time in four years and hit leadoff for only the second time this year. Iwakuma overcame an early start -- 9:10 a.m. in Seattle -- and Atlantas heat to dominate the Braves. The first-pitch temperature was 84 degrees. Iwakuma (4-2) gave up only six hits with seven strikeouts and no walks in seven innings. The right-hander was sharp, throwing 71 of his 96 pitches for strikes. "I knew I needed to focus more than regular games because of the heat," Iwakuma said through a translator. "I was just trying to focus and get quick outs to go deeper in the game and thats what I was able to do." Mike Minor (2-4) allowed only one run in seven innings, but the Braves fell to 0-6 in interleague games. Yoervis Medina pitched a perfect eighth before Fernando Rodney earned his 16th save with three straight outs in the ninth. Seattle relievers threw eight scoreless innings in the two-game sweep. The Braves were held scoreless in the final seven innings of Tuesday nights loss. The streak of consecutive scoreless inningss reached 16 on Wednesday. China Jerseys Online. "We had a tough time figuring out their starter," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "The guys only throwing 87, 88 miles an hour but he sure looked like he was throwing a lot harder. I know he had movement and some deception but we didnt square up too many balls against him. He was pretty darn good." Iwakuma, a 2013 All-Star, gave up a combined nine runs in back-to-back losses to Houston and Detroit before returning to form against the Braves. "He was much better getting the ball down in the zone," Seattle catcher Mike Zunino said. "We wanted to make an emphasis on keeping the ball down and he was. He was able to get to that bottom shelf and stay there for the majority of the game and just mix all his pitches." Gillespies RBI single in the fourth gave Seattle a 1-0 lead that held until the eighth, when Romero tripled off Luis Avilan. Pinch-runner James Jones scored on Seagers single to right field. Minor allowed only five hits and one run in seven innings. He matched his season high with 10 strikeouts. Freddie Freeman had three strikeouts against Iwakuma and finished 0-for-4. Gonzalez unsuccessfully challenged first-base umpire Will Littles ninth-inning call that Justin Upton was out at first base on the throw from shortstop Brad Miller. The review lasted only 40 seconds. NOTES: Seattle also won five straight from May 3-7. ... Bloomquists last start at first base came in 2010 with Kansas City. The versatile Bloomquist also has started at second base, third base, shortstop, left field and right field this season, and he is the emergency catcher. ... Seattle players wore T-shirts honouring athletic trainer Rick Griffins 5,000th regular-season game. He joined the team in 1983. ... The Braves and Mariners are off on Thursday. The Braves open a weekend series at Arizona on Friday, when RHP Julio Teheran faces RHP Brandon McCarthy. Seattles east coast swing shifts to Tampa Bay, when Mariners RHP Chris Young will face LHP Erik Bedard. ' ' '
Sponsored Links
Advertisement