Ac clutch replacement problem - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > OOC Member Central > Greetings & Introductions

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-24-2019, 04:58 PM

Unhappy Ac clutch replacement problem

Hi folks, newbie here. Ive got an 07 Ody with about 110k. About a week ago ac stopped working. Come to find my ac clutch plate rubber had disintergrated and also the coil was dead. I ordered a clutch kit online,replaced the assy and about three days later one one of the serpentine belt ribs pealed off. Comparing the old pulley to the new, I realized the new pulley is wider by a rib.when first installing it, i noticed the difference but since it all fit together I didn't think it would be a problem. i was wrong. The pulley also juts out from the motor a bit, enough to cause a misalignment of the belt.

The problem i have now is trying to find the right clutch assy . When i ordered the new assy , seller claimed it was the correct one, of course.
I tried using the old pulley ,but it wont fit over the new coil,the new coil being slightly larger than old one.
To add to the problem ,checked local Parts shops and no one carries these parts. Seems they want to only sell the complete compressor,which I am trying to avoid replacing.
Additionally , when checking on line , the coils shown for the Ody appear to have a connector right on the coil,but my coil is hardwired and has a pigtail about a foot long with a plug jack on the end ,which connects to a plug near radiator

Ive checked a local junkyard and all the Odys I saw had the same setup as mine.none had the plug directly on the coil.
I want to order another clutch assy, but not sure which way to go.
Any suggestions, and do you guys have the same setup as mine with the hardwired lead. Or do you have the plug right on the coil?
Any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ac clutch, ac coil