2006 sliding door problem
Year/milage: 2006 with 172K miles; EX.
1. Neither the fob nor the power lock switches will lock/unlock the driver's side sliding door. You can lock/unlock it manually and it does engage the locking mechanism and works like "normal".
2. Automatic door button will not open nor close the door but it will slide normally when you do it manually. When you press on either the fob or cabin button it gives the three beeps, similar to when it is locked or when the car is in drive and you try and open the door. The mechanism does not engage or disengage to attempt to open or close the door. Basically, nothing happens except those three beeps.
3. One evening, we left the switch in the "on" position that engages/disengages the automatic door open buttons. It is located right above the door switches. The next morning, the battery was dead... I charged it up and it's worked fine as long as we keep the switch on the manual setting.
What I've done so far:
1. Pulled two fuses (#7 and 13) from inside the cabin.
2. Disconnected the battery and reconnected.
3. Replaced the rollers and hinge just in case. They were kind of sticky and needed to be changed.
4. Replaced the gas door sensor. This is the sensor that prevents the door from opening when you're pumping gas.
5. Replaced door lock actuator. I read that many of the symptoms I've been seeing can be caused by this.
6. Took out rear door latch and took a look at the common spring latch that gets corroded. Mine was actually just fine and wasn't corroded at all.
7. Drank lots of beer. Well, what else would you do after all of this didn't work...?
1. Are the power lock, dead battery, and the automatic door problem caused by the same thing or are they three separate problems? Or, maybe two problems?
2. What would you try next?
3. Possible solutions?
THANKS in advance for any help you can give!
Last edited by Daddoo; 04-24-2020 at 06:06 PM.
|automatic, broken, power locks, sliding door, won't open|