Timing belt - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > 2005-2010 (3rd Gen) Official Specs, Features, Etc.

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:36 PM

Default Timing belt

I just got an immaculate 2006 Odyssey with 179,000 miles on it. The timing belt had 90,000 miles on it so I got a timing belt/water pump kit to put on it. No major issues doing the change-out. Old belt still looked great. However, somehow the front cam got off by one tooth. The van ran well, but idled horribly. Starting was less than stellar, too. So I tore it down to redo the belt alignment. Somewhere in the process the new belt got a small nick in it, so I bought another new belt rather than have this one fail down the road. Got everything lined up right this time and the engine purrs like a kitten. I never would have thought a single tooth on a single cam could make such a difference!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2019, 01:57 PM

Well, that's rotten luck. But even after buying the new belt, you've saved money over taking it to the dealer. I have looked at some Youtube videos and timing belt is not a job I would take on. So congratulations for getting it done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement