Disable bluetooth in 2009 Odyssey Touring - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:11 AM

Unhappy Disable bluetooth in 2009 Odyssey Touring

I absolutely love my 2009 Odyssey Touring. Except for the automatic bluetooth connection. My wife is the primary driver and doesn't mind the bluetooth, but even she cannot stand the automatic answering feature. Sometimes she doesn't want to talk to who ever is on the phone but the van answers the call anyway.

I posted this link in another forum here but though this might get better results if posted to multiple places. Sorry for the duplication.

When I am driving the van will still answer her phone and then it gets difficult because the microphone doesn't seem to pick up the passenger seat very well and I have little interest in being the go-between for a conversation. She can pick up her phone and end the bluetooth connection manually but that gets to be a hassle too (especially when a second call comes in and is automatically answered!).

Can the bluetooth be disabled on the car in general, or at least turn the automatic answering off? I cannot seem to find anything online about this so I am feeling that it cannot be done, but thought I would ask here.

Thank you in advance.

-Colman
Edit/Delete Message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2010, 10:08 AM

I can set my phone to not answer automatically on the bluetooth or set the delay time for answering. Could there
be a setting on the Honda call answer section? It took me awhile to figure out my simple phone's ability to manually choose the answer setting.

Also it will work better when the bluetooth headset is on the same side of your body as is you dash board's mounted navigation system.

Last edited by Katman; 02-06-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 09-02-2010, 03:26 AM

In my Touring, the call is not automatically answered. I have to press the talk button on the steering or the green button on the phone. I have not seen any auto-answer setting on the Nav screens. I suspect it's a phone feature.

As far as disabling bluetooth from the car, you would have to delete the pairing, then the phone would be ignored. The bluetooth icon would no longer appear on the radio display when the phone is nearby.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2009, bluetooth, disable, touring