Bluetooth - Poor Sound Quality - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Problems & Issues

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:58 PM

Default Bluetooth - Poor Sound Quality

I bought a 2010 EX-L with DVD/NAV/Bluetooth in December.

People whom I call find it difficult to hear me when I speak and to them it sounds like constant wind noise.

I have paired it with Motorola KRZR, BlackBerry Storm, and iPhone GS. All experience the same issue.

The manual says that all vents need to be adjusted not to blow on the mic.

With the car parked, no vents blowing, and engine off, it still sounds awful. (5 bars on the cell phone)

I hoping that others' experience is not that same and that there is something wrong with my unit.

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 AM

I purchased a 2010 EXL with Nav/Res 2 weeks ago. Our bluetooth sounds great. I have had quite a few conversations using the bluetooth (both as a driver in the car using it, and calling my wife who was driving the car). No issues. As a matter of fact, I am very impressed with the quality thus far.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:57 PM

Default Same problem

I have a 2009 EX-L NAV/RES and I was really looking forward to the Bluetooth for safer hands-free phone use. But I have found that the level of noise/hiss on the other end of the line makes conversations next to useless. E.g., when my wife calls from the car and I'm on a landline, I continually have to ask her to repeat herself. We've tried late model Blackberry and Motorola phones. We used to have a BT speakerphone that clipped on the visor and that worked better than the integrated system in the Ody. Very disappointed. I'd love to know if there's a way to improve the sound quality. Dealer has been no help.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 AM

Default Bluetooth poor quality

I just purchased a Samsung Fascinate but am in the grace period to change phones. The sound quality is very poor. My husband has a Motorola and the quality is good. I am thinking about changing to the Droid (Motorola). My husband had to hang up on me last evening because the quality was very poor. My phone sounds better when standing still. We had the same issues with our Blackberry.

I'm not sure which phone to change to. Probably the Droid.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:00 AM

Jem7Jem, which phone do you have?
Old 06-20-2014, 01:06 PM

Hi, I realize this an old thread, but did anyone ever find a solution?... I'm fed up with this issue... I can hear people clear as day but I have to yell and constantly repeat myself so that people can understand. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
audio, bluetooth, noise