Multiple error codes for Ignition Coils 2007 & Sliding door fixEXL - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey > Problems & Issues

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-19-2019, 03:12 PM

Default Multiple error codes for Ignition Coils 2007 & Sliding door fixEXL

2007 Odyssey EXL

I have two issues
Ignition Coil Error & Sliding Door fix

Ignition Coils error
I'm getting the multiple errors on the engine. (Ignition Failure on multiple cylinders & Mixture ignition fail on multiple cylinders). The fix is suggesting to replace the Ignitioni coils. I can't imagine that all of the coils are bad. They run ~ $70-$100 each.

I replaced all the sparkplugs a week ago as they are probably due 220,000 miles. But it is still displaying the same error. Is there a way to test the coils individually or would these all be malufunctioning?

I don't mind replacing them, but all of them would be $400- $600. I just don't want to replace parts that aren't bad.

Or has anyone experienced anything like this that could be something else.

Sliding Door fix
The sliding doors haven't worked for a while on auto, been opening them manually for a while. I replaced the middle roller on each side. One side the roller had completly worn away.

I also lubed the top bottom and middle tracks with lithium grease for the rolers and nylon rollers look ok on the top and bottom. The door slides really smooth when opening manually, but it won't open automatically. Does anyone know how to reset the memory on the doors so that hopefully it can open automatically?

Thanks.

Last edited by gholt; 10-19-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 PM

Hi Gholt, with your coil problem ,try a cheap set of coils from fleebay.you should be able to get them for under $100 for six and use them to test. I have had success with going that route on another van and found they have lasted at least a couple years so far. Its worth a try, even if just to diagnose the problem and when you find the bad coil(s) , you can either stay with the cheap ones or get the Honda brand to replace the faulty coils.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:53 PM

I tried the test on the coils and I think I found 2 that were bad, I replaced both of those, but now a week or so later, it am still getting the same errors. Multiple ignition errors.

Would this possibly be like a valve adj that the engine needs. I was reading that these 3.5 engines, the valves get too tight after some time, or should I go for it and replace all the coils insead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement