Has anyone upgraded from the 6 disc player to the in dash touch screen? - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum
Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

Go Back   Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum > Honda Odyssey Accessories, Care and Mods > Audio, Video and Gadgets

OdysseyOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Odyssey Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:34 PM

Default Has anyone upgraded from the 6 disc player to the in dash touch screen?

i want to upgrade my 2010 factory 6 disc cd changer to the in dash touch screen unit? anyone know how much work or cost to do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 PM

Are you talking about the navigation screen? Is this for navigation or music. I've seen complete oem Odyssey navigation kits (complete with everything needed to add factory Nav) for around $1600-2000...Then if you would probably need to add the stereo tuner which replaces the top most storage compartment. It might be cheaper to look into an aftermarket unit....
Old 10-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hndaownr View Post
Are you talking about the navigation screen? Is this for navigation or music. I've seen complete oem Odyssey navigation kits (complete with everything needed to add factory Nav) for around $1600-2000...Then if you would Car accessories need to add the stereo tuner which replaces the top most storage compartment. It might be cheaper to look into an aftermarket unit....
Do you have a quota for how much an aftermarket unit would be? I mean, $2000 is a bit to much, but I guess I should expect that since it's a navigation screen. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 PM

I have since discovered the kit I mentioned earlier also includes the radio/tuner piece as well. It would probably be less than the $1600 if it was installed by yourself rather than the guy who sells the kits.

Aftermarket depends on the brands, I'd probably stick with major brands (Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, Sony, etc.). I've had good luck with electronic equipment from the first 4 mentioned manufacturers. Just check with the audio shops in your area like Car Toys or other independent shops or check out Crutchfield.

One other thought, you might check around ebay or local salvage yards for the nav setup.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:41 AM

I've done some research on hondaparts.com to install everything necessary to have navigation on my 2011 odyssey exl and it would run me anout $4500 for everything from honda. I think I'll settle for aftermarket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
audio, navigation, touch screen, upgrade